Make Gahanna Yours
is hosting a Community Scarecrow Contest in 2019 and we want to invite you to participate. We are encouraging Gahanna residents, businesses, civic organizations, non-profits, school groups, sport teams and families to build the wildest, cleverest, funniest scarecrows they can imagine (within the rules). The scarecrows will be on display throughout the downtown area to bring the community and businesses together and to provide a fun, festive reason to visit the area. BE CREATIVE AND EXPRESS YOURSELF!
HOW IT WORKS
- Registration is Sept. 3rd – Sept. 20th (email your name and/or business name and address with “Scarecrow Contest” in the subject line to email@example.com).
- Scarecrow Installation Week is Sept. 21st – Sept. 27th.
- All scarecrows will be on display from September 28th through October 31st. Display locations of scarecrows will be determined by Make Gahanna Yours.
- Voting will be from Sept. 28th – October 20th for Most Gahanna Spirit, Funniest, Most Creative, Best Business, Best Family/Individual and People’s Choice. We will post an album of all of the scarecrows on Facebook and fans will be able to vote online. Winners will be posted at https://www.facebook.com/MakeGahannaYours/ on October 24th.
- Scarecrow removal is Nov. 1st – Nov. 4th (any entries remaining after Nov. 4th will be removed and discarded).
- If you would like to participate, but are unable to make a scarecrow, please let us know and we will try to match you up with a partner.
- This is a family-friendly event. Scarecrows can be wild, funny, furry, silly, lovable, whimsical, or ridiculous, but NOT frightening or distasteful. Make Gahanna Yours has the right to reject any scarecrow deemed offensive or inappropriate. Political statements or endorsements are NOT allowed and no weaponry, real or pretend, will be permitted.
- Scarecrows must be life-sized or smaller and free-standing. All materials used must be firmly attached to the scarecrow to withstand the sun, wind and rain.
- No perishable goods (squash, pumpkins, etc.) may be used in the construction of the scarecrow.
- Entries must have signage no larger than 8-1/2” x 11” with a Scarecrow name and the individual/group/business name posted.
- Scarecrows require upkeep. Inspect your entry throughout the month of October to ensure it remains in presentable condition.