HOW IT WORKS
- If you plan to participate, email your business name and address by November 1st with “Holiday Window” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your window must be completed before Holiday Lights, Sunday, November 24th. We strongly recommend that your window be lit up in some form, particularly for that night. Your participation will help illuminate the holiday season in a special way for the Gahanna community.
- Voting for the best window begins on November 24th (Holiday Lights). We will post an album of all of the windows on Facebook and fans will be able to vote by “liking” their favorite window. Each voter will be entered into a random drawing to win a handful of downtown gift certificates. Voting ends on Monday December 14th. The winner will be announced on December 16th.
- We will have a photographer come by no later than Sunday, November 24th to photograph your window, so the sooner you have it done, the better.
- The prize for the “People’s Choice” winning window: A picture of your window will be featured in a thank you ad in ThisWeek Gahanna, as well as be the featured window in all promotions for the contest next year.
- Please keep your decorations up through the holidays.
- Keep it family-friendly!
- If you use lights, please only use traditional non-blinking ones.
- Refrain from including business-related announcements, promotions, product-related or business-related advertisements and/or events as part of your display.
- Decorated windows should be viewable from the sidewalk but must not obstruct the sidewalk and/or pedestrian right of way.
If you would like to participate, but are unable to for the following reasons, please let us know, and we will try to match you up with a partner (please note that in order to do this both window owner and decorator must work directly together to schedule decorating time):